Saturday, October 6, 2007

Rowing Upstream from the River of Sorrow







Friends and Family,

This morning I went on a walk with my camera so I could take some picures to share. Claudia and myself have been slowly making the journey towards normalcy, despite not having a place that we can call home.

Actually, Claudia has been bouncing off the walls with joy because yesterday she was selected to interview (on Monday) for a position as a marketing assistant. Right now she is reviewing her interview strategy so that she is prepared for all kinds of questions. If you have any suggestions for Claudia, please comment!

Today, I went to Bannatyne's gym to sign Claudia and myself up for a membership. The gym is a 35 minute walk from Durham city centre and on a frequently-visited bus line. This is great, considering it's been roughly two months since we've had a stable gym and my muscle mass has begun to whither somewhat ... ahhh! Additionally Bannatyne's has free weights and machines, cardiovascular machines, exercise classes, a pool, steam room, sauna, restaurant, bar, squash courts, etc., etc...

After sculpting my guns, I met up with Claudia to go exploring in Durham city. We decided to head down to the River Wear and go for a row boat ride. This means I got to row the boat, while Claudia enjoyed the fresh air on this nice sunny day. If you're visiting Durham, I would recommend the row boats. It's a great way to see the surrounding area, while getting harrassed by local fishermen! To finish off our lovely evening, we ordered some paella, wine, and beer at the riverside restaurant "Hallathan's." For dessert was a delicious banoffee pie ... for those of you not familiar with banoffee, try it now! Fantastic!

So now, Claudia and I are going to take it easy and get a movie. We have high hopes for getting the "OK" to move into our flat this week, at which point we will be very busy decorating. Goodnight for now ...

Cheers,
-BDL

P.S. - Our potential flat is in one of the pictures above. The flat is above the Loyds bank.

No comments: