Friday, August 24, 2007

Mopeds and more



Today Bret and I went to Key West and rented mopeds, and let me tell you: I am ready to buy one! Ok, so maybe it would be more economical to get a used Smart Car or something, but still, excellent way to see a new city. You don't get tired as you would on a bike, and it's not as slow as walking, but you are still in the open air, unlike driving around in a car. I can just see us now mopedding across the Italian countryside on our "holidays"...

While on our moped travels, we did lots of exciting things: for lunch, I had a delicious Mahi salad, and Bret had an aioli chicken sandwich. We looked at all the adorable little pastel colored houses, we rode by trendy/wild Duval Street, went swimming at a beach, and best of all, we went to the Key West Winery, where we tried Grapefruit wine, Peach wine, Key Lime wine (our least favority- tasted kind of like Mr. Clean, and looked like it too), and the one we bought, Guava wine. After our moped travels, we went to a bookstore where Bret bought a "Learn to Speak Spanish" CD set and an astronomy book.

I regret to admit, that because of my "I don't burn, I brown, so I don't need sunscreen" attitude, I know look like a raspberry. Even my upper lip got burned, so bad that it looks like I got a bad electrolosis job or something. I now realize that living in PA for two years has changed my tanning abilities. I will load on the Paba tomorrow...

Maybe soon we will go to a fancy restaurant around here. I love cooking, and Bret's food is amazing (tonite's meal: Milanese Pork and Caprese Salad), but I cannot leave the Keys without having a fabulous lobster meal.

Goodbye for now everyone. I need to investigate this summer's Miami Spice restaurants. We hope to go to one before we go off to Europe!

No comments: